Great news! On December 9, 2013, Wexxar/BEL, IPak and Dekka will be moving and joining facilities into a brand new location. Click here for details.
Accounting Supervisor - Payroll and Accounts Payable
- September 16, 2013
- Vancouver, BC
The position is responsible for the Accounts Payable and Salaried Payroll functions within the Accounting department, along with numerous other general accounting related duties.
- Oversee all activities related to Accounts Payable for Wexxar (Richmond and Delta locations).
- Process and administer Canadian Salaried and Richmond hourly payrolls every other week.
- Supervise Payroll Clerk and Accounts Payable Clerk, including hiring, training, performance evaluations, termination and general work flow
- Process general ledger journal entries for Wexxar Canadian and United States operations as required, including accruals, adjustments and inter-company transactions.
- Review and reconcile major balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Ensure funds are available to cover checks issued; monitor cash flow daily and make necessary transfers, as needed.
- Verify invoices are paid accurately and on time, to take advantage of early payment discounts.
- Research and resolve issues related to invoices and payments
- Oversee Accounts Payable check runs at least three times monthly, initiate ACH and wire payments to employees and vendors as required.
- Process checks off-cycle as needed
- Assist with the preparation of annual audit and corporate tax filings as needed.
- Ensure T-4s, T4-As are processed and mailed accurately and in a timely manner
- Administer short term disability claims to eligible employees as directed.
- Prepare year-end work papers and reports for auditors and tax accountants as required.
- Work with auditors to provide necessary information for completed audit
- Work closely with Controller to ensure internal financial controls are in place and being followed by Accounting staff members
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
- Assist with machinery invoicing / credit check as required.
- Follow up with and report on outstanding receivables as required.
- Accuracy and timeliness of payments and cash management.
- Timely and successful resolution issues related to payroll, A/P and inter-company transactions.
- Internal and external audit requirements.
- Productivity of direct reports
- Safe working habits
- Verbal and written communication
- Perform in a professional manner with the ability to multi-task and show attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work as part of a cross-functional and/or cross-technology team
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred
- Senior level or progressing towards one of the following designations: Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) strongly preferred
- 5 years experience in accounting with previous experience with in Payroll and supervision.
- Good working knowledge of U.S. and Canadian GAAP
- Proven success in leadership or supervisory role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- ERP system experience as asset.
- Strong documentation and data entry skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent prioritization skills with minimal guidance and direction
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Other duties which fall within the employee’s capabilities
- Attendance in the office
- Extended periods of listening, talking and/or visual concentration
- Extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending
- Extended periods of writing and/or computer use
- Routinely performs repetitive motions
- Routine opportunities to alter physical position and change eye focus
- Required lifting would not normally exceed 10 pounds
- Periodic overtime if required
Equipment, Machines and/or Tools Used
- Personal computer
- Fax machine
Personal Protective Equipment Used
- Safety footwear (in designated areas if required)
All candidates must be eligible to work on a full time basis in Canada.